With great excitement we watched the workmen come and go over the summer holiday. Six weeks later and just over the estimated completion date, the gates of the playground were open! What an amazing job! The park has ticked all the boxes, children are out playing, laughing and exercising, parents are meeting and talking. What more would we ask for?
Sunday 9th October 2011 saw the “official” opening, what a day we had. Clowns entertained the crowd, Wakefield District Housing lent us some face painters, the WDC recycling van set up shop and both the fire brigade and the police and their dogs paid us a visit. Lunch was a delicious hog roast with pretty cakes and coffee for pudding. The rain held off and we all had a fantastic couple of hours.
A great big thank you to all the helpers who pulled out the stops to smile and serve, and of course to the National Lottery and Wakefield District Council, without whom this project would never have been complete.
Children enjoying the newly opened Middlestown playground
Clown at the opening of Middlestown playground
Face painting at Middlestown playground
Police dogs at Middlestown playground
- Advertising rates
- Bin Collection Days
- Blacker Lane Action Group
- Bus Timetables
- Coxley Live
- Scarecrow festival
- Wind Turbines Links Page
- Incredible Edible May Events 02/05/13
- This Saturday 4th May 7:30pm at Netherton club is the re-arranged Murder Mystery evening 01/05/13
- The Village Gala (Middlestown/Overton) Saturday 18th May 01/05/13
- Family Wildlife Walk 29/05/13
- Coffee afternoon 01/06/13
- Children's Film Club Matinee Special 01/06/13