Stoneycliffe and Coxley Woods Route
A pleasant, if not little muddy walk, in the woods near Netherton, which are owned by the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust, with a return by a bridleway near Middlestown.
Woodland tracks, muddy in the winter.
Follow the road up the hill, until just after crossing the old railway line by the new houses, you turn left along the old railway. Turn right to walk into the woodland, which is a mixed oak and birch lowland wood owned and managed by the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust.
Carry on through the woods until you reach a gravel bridleway, where you turn right, cross a small stream before climbing out of the woods towards Middlestown. After carrying on nearly to the edge of the village, turn right and head down the rough track which passes several farms, before going back into Coxley Woods. After climbing to the edge of the woods, follow the track to the small hamlet of Coxley, before turning left up the road, and then right to reach the main road by the viaduct and the start.
Courtesy of www.sharemyroutes.com
- Advertising rates
- Bin Collection Days
- Blacker Lane Action Group
- Bus Timetables
- Coxley Live
- Wind Turbines Links Page
- Netherton Cricket Club - Sponsors Needed 04/12/13
- Santa is coming to Netherton! 04/12/13
- Netherton Sports and Social Club Winter 2013 News 04/12/13
- Christmas Lunch - St. Luke's 10/12/13
- Drss Rehearsal - Middlestown School Juniors' Xmas show 10/12/13
- Middlestown School - Juniors' Christmas production 11/12/13